While TEDxGreensboro is licensed to Skip” Moore, a think tank of individuals familiar with TED and who are broad big thinkers, but not all the usual suspects is coming together to develop the event which will focus on Greensboro and its future.
Invitations are being sent and we will be posting our team biographies in the near future.
TEDxGreensboro will consist of three parts: (1) live speakers; (2) TED Talks; and, (3) Entertainment
The speakers will be local and regional speakers. Speakers will be nominated and invited. You can nominate a speaker or you can nominate yourself. Once we determine the conference theme, we will actively solicit nominations for speakers.
To stimulate your thinking, or if you know of people now who would make great speakers, here are some things to think about:
- Payment: TEDx events may not pay speakers;
- Sponsorship: Speakers may not sponsor any portion of the TEDxGreensboro event, in-kind or otherwise. Sponsors of our event cannot be speakers;
- Duration: No talk can exceed 18 minutes in length;
- Multi-topical and multidisciplinary: TEDxGreensboro event must feature a diversity of speakers from across several disciplines that address a variety of topics. These topics should not fall under a single subject;
- Content: Speakers must tell a story or argue for an idea. They may not use the TED stage to sell products, promote themselves or businesses. Every talk’s content must be original and give credit where appropriate.
Twenty-five percent of the TEDxGreensboro program will consist of TED Talks. What are your favorite talks? Our program team will review all of the suggestions. You might want to think about the theme or tell us why your suggested TED Talk should be included. To nominate a TED Talk for inclusion in the program, use this link: Nominate a TED Talk (coming soon).
TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design. We want to have great local entertainment for short sets between the live speakers and TED Talks. Solo acts or small groups (that don’t require a lot of set up and equipment preferred) and we are looking for ideas across the entire City.
Got a suggestion? Nominate an entertainer (coming soon).